Hardt ranked No. 1 in USA for swimming age group
Dec 14, 2018
FRIENDSWOOD — Christopher "Max" Hardt is ranked #1 in the USA as the best overall 12-year-old boy swimmer for 2014 -2015. This ranking is known as a swimmer's IMX ranking. He set two Texas state records for his age group at a recent national meet and holds a third Texas state record in an event that he swam earlier this year.
Hardt is a 7th grade student and is on the Friendswood Junior High swim team (coached by PJ Givens) and tennis team (coached by Kyle Robeau).
Hardt has been competitively swimming with Aquastar Swimming since 2007 and is coached by Harold Johnston. Aquastar is a USA Swimming club team in the Friendswood/Clear Lake area. He attends swim practice two hours a night Monday through Friday.
Every year during April, NASA (National Age Group Swimming Association) hosts an elite national level meet called the Showcase Classic in Clearwater, Florida. Swimmers must swim extremely fast qualifying times during the year to attend this meet.
This year, 111 swim teams and 969 qualifying swimmers from all over the United States, competed in the event.
Hardt won nine out of the maximum 10 events and placed second in the 10th event. Consequently, he won the meet's high point award.
He set two Texas state records for his age group at a recent national meet and holds a third Texas state record in an event that he swam earlier this year.
Here are his results from Aquastar:
- 50 Yard Breaststroke - 1st Place (State Record, time of 28.36)
- 100 Yard Breaststroke - 1st Place
- 200 Yard Breaststroke - 1st Place
- 50 Yard Backstroke - 1st Place
- 100 Yard Backstroke - 2nd Place
- 200 Yard Backstroke - 1st Place
- 100 Yard Individual Medley - 1st Place
- 200 Yard Individual Medley - 1st Place
- 400 Yard Individual Medley - 1st Place (State Record, time of 4:16.38)
- 200 Yard Butterfly - 1st Place (State Record, time of 1:59.72, swam at another meet)
Hardt is the son of Gerald and Eloise Hardt of Friendswood.